Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cabinets?

Ok...well on July 3rd, Josh brought home some kitchen cabinets he thought could be used for some extra storage. Well as he puts it, he brought them home and I said, "I like these, can you put them in right now." And although I did actually say that, and meant it, can you blame me? He had 3 full days off work to put them in (like that ever happens), so his timing was perfect. And YES Josh did put them in. Thankfully Mandy and Nick came down on Saturday and helped us do the top ones. They are heavy!!! This was a FIRST for Josh and he did a great job recustomizing custom cabinets to fit in our house.

Here are the cupboards...notice the crown molding. We have also put in new countertops and Josh painted, I will have to take more pictures. We also have an appliance garage (Thanks Nick) and a spice cupboard. Also, a Lazy Suzann in the top and bottom corner cabinets (WAHOO!!!!) The bottom cupboards have the pull out shelves...and well I am sure many of you have this luxury, but we have lived here for 9 years and it is a Big change not having to crawl inside the cupboards to find stuff. IT's so NICE!!!! As if you can't tell I LOVE IT!!!! oh...I will stop rambling, most of you have probably already scrolled down. :)

One of the biggest changes is the wood and decorative style unter the counter, not just panelling. We also have a nice wood piece on the edge of our dishwasher, for decoration. :) Looks GOOD Josh! We put this huge cupboard in our "kitchen hall" (under is the entry for the furnace). It has made a HUGE impact on storage and this is where we put all our dishes.
We even put up a couple above our washer and dryer. It is amazing!!! It still looks like Josh doesn't have a place for all his tools yet. HUM????
Anyway, he did a great job, and although it doesn't add a TON more storing space, it does add some and it looks a lot nicer! KUDOS to Josh. He did a great job. (and got some pretty good tools out of the deal)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOw! It looks really great! I didn't know you had a blog! I will be able to keep up better now! hehe. (I love your header! I use my desktop as my header too. hehe)

Congrats on new space and beautiful cabinets!