Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mommy's Moment of Thought

I am blogging this just for me, so I don't forget. :)

Jeeps, Jina, and I were on our way to the doctor this morning. Jina decided she wanted to watch a movie and we were only a few miles away. "Can you see the temple?", I asked her trying to avoid the movie stuff. She looked desperately for a few moments. From a distance it is small, she was quite excited as the temple got bigger and bigger.

"You and Daddy got married there," said Jina. (it is quite common to have this discussion as we pass the temple. "....and I was there too," she added.
I replied, "when Daddy and I were sealed in the temple, you were in Heaven."
"I was there. I've been in there before, and you were there too. Me and You have been there before. I have been there with you."

I had no response, but instead thought about the times when I have been in the temple and felt the presence of a spirit who would be coming to our family. Although I can not decipher which child's spirit I have felt when, I do know they were preparing to come to our family. What a wonderful moment for me to reflect on today.

2 comments:

Wendy Jensen said...

Life is all about eternity isn;t it? Love you JoDee!

Em said...

awwwww. That is so sweet. I love those litl spiritual moments. Love it!