Saturday, April 25, 2009

What a Kick to be Six!

Last Friday was Jaxon's 6th birthday. The countdown was on 14 days before! Jaxon never missed a beat and was right on with the number of days left EVERYDay! On the morning of the big day, Jaxon came into my room and said quietly, "Mom is it my birthday?" He tried all morning to contain his excitement, and as we were leaving for school he said, "I'm kind of excited to go to school today." He was so cute.

Our family went to his class the last 20 minutes. We had made a poster with pictures of when Jaxon was 5.

Favorites:
Color- Blue
Food- Mac & Cheese, and Pizza Toy- Star Wars Ships
TV/Movie- Sponge Bob and Transformers
Treat- Chocolate Chip Cookies

He got to tell the kids all about it, then he took some show and tell stuff. He had a huge StarWars Millennial Falcon (from Grandpa Sharp) and a live Frog. After school, we got home and set up for the bday party. (post below) After that the kids played with all their "loot" until Jaxon's Birthday dinner. He chose, pancakes with ham and eggs. It was delicious! Finally he was able to open his presents from Mom and Dad. It was a LONG wait....and not so great pictures.

This picture (below) is funny because the kids were so excited about the gift....we didn't get to see it.

He had a Great Birthday and is Totally Cool now that he's six. Yesterday he asked me when his next birthday was going to be, like when he turns 7, and we got into the discussion about how your birthday is the day you come out of mommy's tummy. It was insightful. After school he told me he was pretty close to turning 8.

"Six year olds a great helpers and can do a lot of things. Even more than five year olds. And I can even help my Dad with more stuff too."

We love you Jaxon! We are glad you are in our family.

1 comments:

Momma Cindy said...

Let's see...do I remember six? I'm sure its in there somewhere. I love the pictures JoDee. The party looks like a success and We too are so proud of Jaxon he has grown up so much this year.
We are also proud of our princess Boo. Princess Jazmyne! I enjoyed visiting with her. We loved laughing at Jina. Such a cutie!! Love Gramms