Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of First Grade! WOOT!

Tah-Duh! Jaxon's First Day of First Grade!! He was excited to go in the Durango (notice the wheels). On Friday Jaxon came home from Gramma's and we went to the school to find his classroom and meet his teacher, Mrs. Oliver. He snooped around a little, then was ready for Monday!

He looks a little nervous, but I don't think he was.....Jaxon had to hold the smile forever before the camera clicked! Also all the kids were awake to see Jaxon off to school. They were excited too.

I think one of the most exciting parts for Jaxon was his new shoes!!! They are "Skatchers." "They are so comfortable. Good thing you got these for me for school mom."


"Enough with the pictures" is what Jaxon was thinking I am sure. But he was a good sport. He didn't get lost or nervous or anything. He is getting so big. Mommy had to remind herself to "Buck up" as she left the school. (I wanted to cry, although I am not sure why. I wasn't like this for Kindergarten.)

Some of Jaxon's most memorable first day moments are:

"On Monday's we get two recesses AND all the rest of the days we get THREE Recesses!!!!"

"We have real "tater toters" they are metal" (and a whole bunch more story I didn't get because we were laughing everytime he said "tater toter" for "Teeter totter")

Jaxon also thought it was cool to eat lunch at school.

What a great Kid! I am so glad he had a great first day.

1 comments:

The Cox Family said...

Cool shoes!! Love the "tator totters." There was also great amazement at our house over THREE recesses! :)