Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Groove?

Well I can't say that I have found my "groove" but I can say I am feeling cheerful amidst whatever. I had talked with my mom about her reading in the scriptures a month or so ago. She was talking how Satan will "Seep" into our homes without our knowing. She likened it to computers and Internet. Things that can come into our homes so easily through these channels. In my life I have noticed a small seep and I want to share it with you as a warning, so you can be protected. I am completely embarrassed to say this, but I am happy so Whatever!

I was having some trouble with alcohol. Ha! Not doing it, but wanting to. It was bad enough that I didn't go on a business venture because I didn't want to be in that path of temptation. I didn't feel I could trust my "natural man" tendencies to avoid the substance. And among other things I was just plain sad, almost like a depression. I was still plugging though my daily duties and trials just fine. Because of certain circumstances, we haven't had a temple recommend for quite a while. They came due around the same time as the baby, and we were here and there and holidays and excuse excuse excuse. Anyway we finally got our recommends that that very night I was elated! I feel incredibly happy. I still have the same daily struggles. Not much seems to get accomplished. I am having headaches. I have sick kids (one or the other), and I don't feel like I can go out much. But I feel happy, it's kind of cheezy! And we did attend the temple to boot! :D

Anyway, I think Satan was seeping into me and I wasn't fully protected. Even if I was not able to attend the temple, the blessings of a recommend holder are bountiful. I wasn't even going to post this, but when that little nagging doesn't go away, I've learned that those promptings are meant for someone. :D I hope you all can find those little "seeps" and protect yourselves, home, and families. I love you all!!!

3 comments:

The Cox Family said...

((Hugs!!))

Rheanna Bristol said...

I am glad that I am not the only mother that craves strong alcoholic beverages! In all seriousness, it is a craving that never leaves!!! But like you, sticking to your guns and backing it up with spirituality is much better. Thanks for understanding me.

Rheanna Bristol said...

Yeah, there is seeping in my house too. I amglad your feeling better. ANd I love the new 3-column layout.