Friday, March 4, 2011

Updates on Josh and Jacy

I hope I can't remember everything and I don't have much time, but I can respond to questions.

As of today the sum of it is:

Josh-- not doing as well as we thought. He is up and around, but still having serious nerve pain down his leg. After a checkup with the doctor last Friday, Josh was put on some more medication and given two weeks. If he doesn't get better by then, he will have to have another MRI. There is possibly more 'stuff' leaking out and pushing on the nerves. If this is the case he will need to go back in for surgery and have the disc fused.

As we were getting ready to walk out the door and go up to Provo for Josh's followup, we got a call from our family doctor. He wanted us to take Jacy in to the hospital for a few blood tests and told me to pack an overnight bag because there was a possibility she would be admitted. Having been through a similar situation we were pretty sure we would be staying in the hospital. Luckily Josh was able to find a friend to drive him to his appointment to find out his not so great but still need to know News.

Jacynda-- at Jacy's 2-week appt. She weighed 6.01 lbs. We came in for a check 2 days later and she weighed 6.02 lbs. Her bili was also climbing which was making her sleep less. We went into the hospital expecting IV's and things to help her gain weight, but after 2 days and double time feeding and supplementing, we were able to get her weight up to 6.08. Another 2 days later we went in for a weight check 6.04 OOOOHHHH!! What a blow. While waiting for the doctor I fed her. We hadn't done anything different than in the hospital. After I fed her she weighed 6.11 after checking it 3 times in 3 places and still getting 6.11 we decided the first one was wrong and to follow up with another weight check. One day later she was 6.10. She looks good and is no longer yellow. We have an appointment with someone (gastro people I think?) To see if there is something else going on. I keep thinking if we can just get on an up hill, but it has been quite a battle to get there. All of my time is spent with her right now. I may have 10-20 minutes to help someone get dressed, do a hair-do, eat, blog (ha ha), but it goes by very quickly.

4 comments:

Wendy Jensen said...

You are all in my prayers JoDee. It sounds like one of those "hang on by the skin of your teeth times for your family." I wish we lived close so we could help out a bit. I sure love you.

Hepworth Family said...

We've been out of touch for a while! Sounds like your family has had quite the adventures this year!! I sure hope that everyone gets well and can start doing better. Sorry Josh is having such a rough time!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you are having so many trials right now. I know you are strong and will make it through it. Hang in there! I miss you guys!

Rheanna Bristol said...

We all loved having your girls here. They were so cute! I asked Cindy to let us keep them another day or so, knowing she'd turn me down flat! I kinda knew that though.
Just wanted to tell how how darling they are. Just jewels! Like you don't know....lol!
Take care and good luck! Your still on our praying list.