Monday, March 2, 2009

We are Here!

We made it to Baltimore. Here we are on vacation and it has been snowing like crazy through the night. We had taken an early flight so we were able to land and such before the storm hit. (so early we just stayed up all night.) Anyway, it is kind of crazy and Josh and I can't quite figure life here? So bunches of schools have been cancelled. The news had HUGE coverage of the snow. It showed a picture of the roads last night (not a car in site.) Now the storm has passed and what remains on the roof outside is about 1 1/2 inches. I guess it should clear up and be sunny the rest of the week. We have outside plans for the weekend and are hoping for good weather. HUM?

So I just thought they got a little bit of snow here regularly. Turns out Sept. is the wettest month according to weather.com. I know who cares about the weather. What you really want to know is who posts to their blog while they are on vacation. Josh is actually here for work. He has meetings all week and I came along for the trip. Today I am sitting in the room. Partially because of the snow?, and mostly because I am trying to keep the swelling down. (a natural occurrence during pregnancy for me.) I have big plans for myself the rest of the days, but I welcome any ideas you may have for me, and your thoughts could change my life or at least my big plans

2 comments:

Rheanna Bristol said...

Hey, You probably know this, but when your feet swell and feel really tight, dip them in luke warm warter. It relieves the pressure and feels nicer.
Have fun on your trip! Needed R&R is always nice!

Wendy Jensen said...

I can't believe your one trip there would be in the midst of such a lot of snow. They don't get this kind of snow so it can snag things for quite awhile. One of our favorite Baltimore sites is the Aquarium on the wharf. It is the best we have ever been to and absolutely wonderful for kids. However, Claigh and I thoroughly enjoyed it without the kids. It is all indoors so maybe that would be good if you can get there. Just be careful on the roads. - They are treacherous and the drivers are not accustomed to the conditions. There are also street performers at night on the wharf as well. At least that was the way it was the last time we were there. I am not sure how it is in cold weather. If it warms up you might want to spend a free evening enjoying some free entertainment there. We loved it! I love you and hope you have some serious fun! As for D.C. use the metro system. It is very easy to manage and it sure beats driving and trying to park. There are trains that run from Baltimore into D.C. and they will take you right into the heart of all of the important sites. The cost is minimal and you should by day passes for sure so you can get on and off the trains as much as you want. Aunt Wendy