Friday, April 23, 2010

Scales

While we were scale shopping, (I know who goes Scale shopping---Definitely NOT ME!) Anyway, we looked at all of them and Josh picked this one out. He was pretty excited about the BMI scale and the Water thing (but I haven't figured that one out yet.) I was completely fine with the old battered, broken scale. But I said Whatever you want dear (while doing a sarcastic woohoo! in my head.)

We got it home and it's an electronic scale so of course you have to read the booklets. In the booklet, while explaining BMI, there was an example of two women (of course) who had booth lost 15 lbs over two weeks. When comparing the hows, the the first had simply dieted, while the second had dieted and exercised. The first woman lost 15 lbs with her BMI staying the same. The Second woman had lost 15 lbs. and her BMI had dropped significantly. First I am thinking they lost 15 lbs. in two weeks! I am still amazed at that. My second thought was, "Who really cares about BMI, I just want to loose 15 lbs.! I know I would look all tone and whatever, but seriously 15 lbs.!" That has been my thinking for the past 2 months. BUT here is a big WOOT! WOOT! for another -1%!!! Now I am so happy my husband really wanted that scale, By the way he's only used it two times! Once when we first got it and once the other day while I was talking about it.

I guess I just wanted you to know how naive I was thinking. Well, at least I didn't go as far as using the milk jugs for hand weights. Seriously that was my first plan, but I used 2 big cans of Cherry Pie Filling, for one day, then I got hand weights. Why do I have Cherry Pie Filling? To make Chocolate Cherry Cordial Torte of course! :-P All of you have a happy POSITIVE thinking day!

1 comments:

Rheanna Bristol said...

That is awesome! I bet you are feeling so good!
Even if I work out and don't lose weight, I still feel good and it still is worth it.
Good Job!