Monday, October 6, 2008

Jaxon listens to Conference

Tonight we had Family Home Evening and we talked about the prophets. We took the lesson from last week at Deseret Book. We talked about Samuel the Lamanite and we role played the story a little. Josh was the prophet and the kids and I were the wicked people. We threw marshmellows and said "No way" to all of his comments. Afterward we talked about listening and it was a good FHE. But as the kids were getting into bed, Boo had her legs hanging off and I told her to put her legs under her blanket. She said she didn't have any legs and I helped her out. Jaxon said, "When you meet Jesus you will have legs." Then he rephrased himself to say, "when you listen to the prophet you will have legs." After a couple of seconds I recalled the conference talk about the little girl who could not hear and in line at the grocery store met a boy in a wheelchair with no legs. The little girl had talked to the boy and made a comment about becoming whole again. I asked Jaxon if he remembered this and explained a little to him. I compared the boy to Nellie. We talked about how she does have legs, but can't make them work right, and how she talks with her eyes and her head. How she uses her mouth the yell and make some sounds, but words don't always come out. He tried to explain to me some of the sounds she makes and he finally said "She speaks in Sun Language." I did have him repeat this to make sure I clearly heard the words right. I am not sure if he was thinking sign language, but he knows quite a few things in sign. So Anyway, I thought it was special and thought I would share with you. LOVE YOU!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

He comes up with some great explanations doesn't he?